Welcome to another edition of the Holladay Properties Corporate Newsletter. In this issue, we have development news from Holladay Hospitality, management updates from our Healthcare and Residential divisions, and the latest community service updates, including the announcement of our newest "Great Big Kid" candidate, Austin Haynes. Continue reading below for all this and more.
Consider following our LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook pages, if you don't already. Finally, feel free to provide any and all feedback on our social media sites or by replying to this email.
Thank you and enjoy!
- Tru by Hilton - Construction has begun on the new $20 million, 8-story, 140-room Tru by Hilton Hotel in the heart of Downtown Baltimore, MD. This new concept hotel is designed to appeal to millennial travelers by offering smaller, more affordable rooms with larger, amenity-filled common area spaces. Learn more...
- Home2 Suites by Hilton - The Home2 Suites by Hilton Indianapolis Airport hotel is now open at AmeriPlex-Indianapolis. The 111-room extended-stay hotel features fully furnished suites including full kitchens and separate living spaces, a saline-based pool, an outdoor patio with a fire pit and grills, and the Spin2Cycle Fitness Center, where guests can run on a treadmill while running a load of laundry.
- WoodSpring Suites Merrillville -The WoodSpring Suites hotel in Merrillville, Indiana has received its Temporary Certificate of Occupancy. With the construction phase of the 123-room extended-stay hotel complete, the building is now undergoing branding and finish installation. The hotel is scheduled to open the first week of March.
Management & Operations News Awards:
- The Mercy Professional Building I has been awarded The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) award in the medical category by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) Miami-Dade. The building is owned by HCP, Inc. and managed by the Miami, FL management office of Holladay Properties. Continue reading...
- Burlington Station, Holladay Properties' 89-unit multi-family residential complex in Downers Grove, IL, has achieved over 80% occupancy within two months of opening. We would like to congratulate the management team for this substantial accomplishment.
- Holladay Properties is pleased to welcome several new employees to the company. In Nashville, TN, Marilyn Harris has joined the Accounting Team as an Accounts Payable Specialist. Robert O'Dell has also joined the Nashville, TN office as a floating Building Maintenance Engineer. Welcome to all our new team members!
Staff Shout Outs:
- LaGrange, IL-based Project Designer, Lori Kappel, has been a key player in our recent multi-family residential developments and several people within the company have asked to learn more about her. So, we sat down with Lori to learn a bit about how and why she came to Holladay, her design inspirations, and what she likes to do in her free time.. Continue reading...
- Director of Property Management - Tampa/Orlando, FL
- Senior Property Manager - Reston, VA
- Accounting Manager - Nashville, TN
- Mobile Building Maintenance Engineer - Nashville, TN
- Commercial Property Manager - Overland Park, KS
- Residential Maintenance Technician - Elkhart, IN
- Construction Manager - Nashville, TN
- Property Management Administrative Assistant - Nashville, TN
- Part-Time Residential Maintenance Technician - Portage, IN
- Commercial Maintenance Technician - South Bend, IN
- Grounds Crew Member - Portage, IN
- Grounds Crew Member - Indianapolis, IN
Holladay in the Community
- Holladay Properties has donated 20 acres of land valued at $2.27 million at AmeriPlex-Indianapolis to Damar Services. The land is located adjacent to Damar's 46-acre campus at AmeriPlex and will allow the organization to grow in the future. Continue reading...
- On January 18, the spirit of competition was high in the Nashville corporate office with "Jenga Tournament for a Cause." Employees contributed a $5 entry fee to play competitive Jenga in a bracket-style tournament. All proceeds were donated to St. Jude's Research Hospital. Continue reading...
Recognizing our People in the Community
Holladay Properties has been a proud supporter of the Boys & Girls Club for many years and we are proud to announce that Austin Haynes, SVP-Development for our Eastern Region headquartered neared Richmond, VA is continuing a proud tradition of participating in the Great Big Kid Event. Austin will be spending the next four months mentoring a student from the Prince William Boys and Girls Club and doing his best to be crowned the Great Big Kid.
The Great Big Kid Event kicks off with a four-month commitment from local community leaders ("Great Big Kids") to provide one-on-one mentoring to six pre-selected youth, and culminates with an impact awards dinner highlighting the success stories of the mentor/mentee partnerships. In addition to the mentoring, each Great Big Kid competitor is charged with fundraising for the Club.
Over the last 15 years, Austin has held various birthday charity events that have raised tens of thousands of dollars for local charities. These 24 hour events have included a 20 mile swim, a 72 mile walk, and most recently 3000 pushups. The focus of his charitable work is geared to providing opportunities for children.
This year, Austin is following the footstep of Holladay leaders like Manette Tepe, Paul Phair, and John Phair in participating in the Great Big Kid event. Visit the Team Orange page to support Austin's effort to become the Prince William Boys & Girls Club's first ever Great Big Kid.
With locations in South Bend, Portage, & Indianapolis, IN
Visit Holladay Partner Profile